Our aim at St. Mary’s is that students will develop an interest and a curiosity about modern foreign languages. First Year students are given an opportunity to study both French and Spanish. They will chose their preferred language during the course of First Year and will continue with their chosen language until senior cycle.
- The aims of learning a modern foreign language in our school are:
- To create an interest in learning French and Spanish
- To introduce students to a modern foreign language in an enjoyable, classroom environment
- To develop students’ awareness of cultural differences
- To develop the key linguistic skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing